Employment Equity Online Training
Who Should Attend:
This Employment Equity Training course is designed for HR professionals and anyone involved in Employment Equity strategy in a business. For only R2 300, you will learn all you need to know about how to comply with and implement Employment Equity law – practically – in your company.
The course contains slide shows, short video clips, downloadable information, forms, checklists, and easy-to-understand notes to help you get your head around this seemingly complex but straightforward topic.
There is a quiz at the end of each module to check your understanding, and a module explaining all the quiz answers. You can also do an online test to achieve a certificate of completion. Click here to have a look at some of the course material.
This ONLINE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY course will enable participants to:
- Understand Employment Equity Law and its relevance to business
- Understand key concepts and terms in this law
- Understand companies’ obligations
- Learn how to set up Employment Equity in your business
- Know how to produce EE plans & legally compliant documents
Each Module in the course can be completed separately and contains a combination of notes, slides, and downloadable media. The course is self-paced and can be completed in 6 to 10 hours. All learners are offered ongoing content or technical support throughout the programme.
Module 1 – Understanding Employment Equity
- Why Employment Equity – understanding Affirmative Action
- Terminology & Definitions
- Frequently asked questions about EE
- The Link with Skills Development
Module 2 – Companies’ Obligations
- Duties of Designated Employers
- Stages in Employment Equity Legal Compliance
- Responsibilities of the Employment Equity Manager
- The Employment Equity Committee’s Roles and Responsibilities
Module 3 – Understanding “Discrimination”
- The Employment Equity Act and “Fair” vs “Unfair” Discrimination
- Fairness in Recruitment, Selection and Promotion
- What is “Reasonable Accommodation”?
Module 4 – Planning and Reporting on Employment Equity
- How to do a Workplace Review
- Putting together an Employment Equity Plan
- Reporting Annually to the Department of Labour
- Record-Keeping and Legal Evidence
Module 5 – Company Communication of Employment Equity
- Preparing a Communication Strategy
- Considerations in Employment Equity Communication
- Practical Company Communication on Employment Equity
How to order:
To book and pay online, register here.